
Last Saturday wasn't just another one of those "something special will happen weekend", something really did happen!
One of my very good friend walked down the aisle with the only man she ever loved. Their happiness was intoxicating, their love was clearly seen.
Although I wasn't able to attend the engagement party and the bridal shower because of my hectic work schedule. I was one of those few chosen to witness their first steps to a romantic life.
One of their first date was during Valentines day of 2000. (or 2001, I might be wrong! LOL) I wasn't suppose to be with them, they were having a double date with our other friend Doryn. I spent the day with Paolo and Tricia, we went to Powerplant Mall. Then we all saw each other in The Fort, then they invited me over. We were all undecided where to go, so we ended up in Starbucks ATC.
We stayed at Starbucks till the weary hours of the morning, Stephanie had a different smile that day. I knew she liked the guy, and I knew that this guy would be a constant part of Stephanie's life. From then on, they eventually became a couple. I told Stephanie once that I like Ian for her, because he can make her and her friends smile...hehehe...and for me, that is really really important.
Then last year, during our other friend's wedding (Zendy, the one beside the bride in the picture) in September. I asked her when's her turn, and she kept on smiling. I knew that I'll be hearing wedding bells soon.
She caught me in suprise when she texted me about the engagement party. Hehehe... And even more suprise when I realized how soon her wedding will be.
They say, you will only get to feel like a princess on your wedding day. And speaking in behalf of Stephanie, I am pretty sure she felt more than a princess in love...
Time passes by so fast, next thing the three of us will be talking is the birthday parties of our children.
But until then...
My only wish to my two lovely friends that may life be more meaningful now that you have someone to share it with. Don't worry about what tomorrow brings, enjoy every moment... there is no better time than now. To Stephanie and Zendy, you are more like a friend to me, through the years you had became my family. Now that you are both married and getting to start to have a family of little-chinese kids, we would spend more and more little time together. I am glad for our carefree time spent during our college days, and would always remember them as the best days of my life. And to my two new extended friends...Ian and Max...may you shower them with love and devotion to all the years of your togetherness...or else! :) (you guys know what I mean! right Ian LOL!). I love you guys, may God Bless the four of you in your chosen path in life. And may He never fail to shower you all with good graces and happiness and contentment in life.
So as the sun rises to a new day, I can tell myself that somewhere along the way, I would get there...like my two bestfriends did.