pics 088
Originally uploaded by fisherpau.
It was a rainy day of September 1995, the UST Growling Tigers was playing against the UP Maroons... 13-0 was winning streak during the 58th Season of the UAAP...Miraculously...the Growling Tigers with their sprawling vigor won the championship and a sweep...a first for UST...that day I knew, I had to go to these school and experience the thrill..
All the members of my immediate family went to UST...my sisters and cousins are all students in UST PayHigh, my mom and dad are alumnus of the College of Commerce and College of Engineering...the only cousins that I have who didnt go to UST was those who were in abroad.
I knew the UST Hymm by heart since I was 8, and my favorite Tomasian cheer was Black Gold, Black White...
"Black Gold, Black White
Black Gold, Black White
Go Fight Fight Fight...
Go Fight and Win the U...S...T...FIGHT!"
Now after 2 years since I left the University, I have returned to my second home...strolling the grounds that I have memorized on a quiet Sunday morning, I watched the nearby residents of Dapitan and Espana as they heard mass at the Santisimo Rosario Parish...and as I sat for a few minutes at the benches of my beloved high school where memories came flashing back to my mind...memories so vivid like it only happened yesterday.
As I took pictures of the places I loved most about the University, I realized that there really is no place like home...
